Are you considering breast augmentation surgery? According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, breast augmentation surgeries were the most popular cosmetic surgical procedure in 2018 and have been for the past few years.
There are many reasons to consider a breast augmentation procedure, some of them being:
- You feel like your breasts are too small and would like to increase their size or shape
- To restore volume you may have lost following a pregnancy or weight loss
- To create better symmetry between your breasts or bring them more into proportion with your body
- When paired with a breast lift procedure, to improve the shape of breasts that are sagging or have lost firmness
- To provide a foundation for reconstructive purposes after a mastectomy or breast cancer
Breast augmentation surgery may also improve your self-image and confidence levels by giving you the body that you’ve imagined or felt like you should have.
Is Breast Augmentation Surgery Right For Me?
Breast augmentation is not suited for everyone and you should only do it if you are doing it for yourself, not for someone else or to fit into a certain type of societal expectation.
You may be a good candidate for breast augmentation if:
- You don’t smoke
- You are currently physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- Your breasts are fully developed
- You are dissatisfied by the size of your breasts
- You are bothered that your breasts have lost their shape and volume after pregnancy, weight loss, or with age
- Your breasts vary in size and/or shape
- One or both breasts did not develop normally
Keep in mind that a breast augmentation will not fix drooping or sagging breasts. If you would like your breasts to be lifted, you may also need to add a breast lift onto your augmentation. Breast lifts can often be done at the same time as your enlargement but they may also require a separate operation. You and your doctor will be able to determine that in your consultation discussion.
If you’re considering breast augmentation surgery and would like more information or if you’d like to schedule a consultation, make an appointment with us by calling at (718) 608-1111.